Should I live in the shed up the back so my partner (of 18 years) can rent the house out & move to UK?

My partner is on the pension. Owns his own house from compensation proceedings. His family lives in the UK & he wants to live there until his father dies, to enure he gets first dibs in his house, which could be 6 months, a year, 5 years, who knows? (he's 86, but still healthy & getting about.) I can't go as I don't have a British Passport, in any case, I don't want to leave my animals, and even if I could work over there, would be hard pressed getting a job at my age, (I'm 48), especially with the economic climate as it is. Also, my only son lives in Aus & having been the the UK before a few years ago, I didn't eactly like it, especially not to live for an extended period of time. Any thoughts?
By Rainbowz 10 years ago :: Marriage
  • Robert Betancourt
    MA, Professional Counseling,Therapist
    Emotional Healing-25+ years experience in helping people find solutions that work. "one of the best therapists here" $2.49/minute
  • Rafael Richman
    Are you feeling stuck, trapped in the same patterns that repeat over & over? Are you feeling angry, alone, unappreciated & unheard? I can help you. $2.85/minute
  • View More Experts